Monday, August 1, 2011

My new "Pal"

Ok...confession time......I'm sick and tired of feeling like I do, looking like I do so I've started My Fitness Pal (again). It's a free website that calculates how much caloric, fat, carbs, etc intake you should have daily based on how much you now weigh, how much you want to lose and your activity level. It's an online food diary with a HUGE database of foods already in it that you can add (even restuarants) to your daily intake or add your own. I did it about a year ago and lost about 25 lbs with it....the ONLY thing I didn't adhere to was the water intake recommended. This time I'm trying harder. 8 glasses a day is tough when you're used to drinking a 2 liter of Diet Dr. Pepper a day!!!!! But, I'm gonna get there. Come what may....I hope and pray to get to my goal in about 7-10 months time.

You see, we have this Family Reunion next summer.....gives me ONE year to do this. I don't want to be the one that everyone votes most changed.....lol. I've always been a skinny girl.....until the last few years that is, and especially after my hysterectomy. Oiy Vey!!

Well.....I tried to add my progress button to this page, but it won't let me saying it has characters in it that aren't allowed. Geez. So I'll have to just be honest with you on my progress......It'll help with accountability. Dh wants to lose as well.....what method he'll be taking is up to him......BUT I"m going to cook healthier, eat out healthier, etc. For all our sakes.

Gotta run.....but if you're interested, check out myfitnesspal.com and see if it is for you, too. I LOVE it.

Peace and good, happy eating to you all......

~Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment