Thursday, August 4, 2011

4 "spots"

I went to the Dermatologist a couple weeks ago for a few "spots" that I thought were suspicious. Isn't it funny, not funny ha ha, but funny strange, that the spots we think are suspicious aren't really anthing at all?! Well, much to my relief they were nothing.

But.....yep, you guessed it.....there is always a but. I had a "spot" on my left shoulder that was sooooo itchy that it drove me crazy. I itched it till it was so sore and even had developed a (scab) on it. Well, the dermatologist said THEY (hey, I only had one itchy spot, Dr!) were concerning him.

So, Dr. Dermatologist took out his handy dandy eye piece looking thingy to get a better look at my shoulder. He said, as he shook his head, "yep, just as I thought." THOUGHT......what did you think? Tell me!

He said some mumbo-jumbo Dr. infused words to the nurse in the room as she took notes....all the while I was sitting there completely perplexed! But at least I wasn't in a plastic shirt or a hospital gown backwards..don't you hate wearing those?

Then it happened.....he turned to me and started to tell me what he saw. Ok.....now you know I was sweating bullets by this time.....wondering what the heck he was gonna tell me. "I'm very concerned about the 4 (four) spots on your shoulder. They aren't cancer, they're PRE-CANCER...ok. So, I'm gonna take my _____ and freeze the spots off." Hey, do whatcha gotta do.....I don't want to have skin cancer...ever!

"This is gonna sting just a little," he said as he aimed that honkin' big silver freeze baby burner thingy at my shoulder. He started and I closed my eyes anticipating much worse. I said it wasn't as bad as I thought. He said....and this is funny if you knew the Dr....."it is about like a tattoo." Seriously....how does he know. Maybe, just maybe my Dermatologist is sportin a eagle across his back? A cool cross on his shoulder? The arahmic word for Jesus? Who knows....but apparently he knows what a tat feels like. ON the other hand, I do, I have 4 tats. And let me tell ya.....what was to come later, hurt worse. I honestly think there is a numbing agent in the honking big silver canister. It wore off about 35-45 min. later and talk about HURT!

They blistered up like crazy and when I got home....all Joshua said was...."COOL! Can I touch it?" Uhhhhh, sure, I reckon you can touch it! Kids! LOL!!

But there's more.....now my right shoulder is itching just like the other started out to do. Crap. Just what I need.....Big silver freeze baby burner thingy again. But it'll be worth it to not have it grow into cancer. To be able to rest in the knowing that I'll be around for awhile longer. PHEW!!

~Peace
Tina.......

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    My name is Jenna. your kids are a special miracle from god, a gift from above, earthly angel. Your kids are full of happiness, life, smiles, joy, fun,love, and spunk.

    I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and have 14 other medical conditions, and developmental delays.

    I wrote this poem

    Each of us are Special

    Each of us different,

    No one is the same

    Each of are us are unique in our own way,

    Those of us who have challenges, we smile through our day.

    Those who of us who have challenges, we smile through our day.

    It doesn't matter what others say

    we are special anyway.

    What is forty feet and sings? the school chior
    http://www.miraclechamp.webs.com

    ReplyDelete