Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hurry Up, Mommy! What mommy hasn't heard that at least a million times?


Today, Joshua and I went to our "local" pool that has an INCREDIBLE kiddie pool area!! It is complete with a frog that the kiddos slide down his tongue into the water!! Joshua can't get enough of it.....as a matter of fact, he said today that he wanted to be there for 1,000 days!! That would be nice, huh?

Well, on our way to the pool, Joshua said, "Hurry up, Mommy! They might close the pool again (like last time we were there for only 30 minutes but that is forever to a 4 yr old) for Thunder!" I said, "Honey, there isn't a cloud in the sky. You don't have anything to worry about, ok." He sounded extrememly puzzled with his next comment: "Well, then where is God!?" I asked, "What do you mean, 'where is God?'"
He replied, "Well, God lives up in Heaven in the clouds and if there aren't any clouds, where did He go?"

WOW.....how insightful! I went on to tell him how God lives in each of our hearts all the time and that he's with us no matter where we go and BTW.....I did tell him that God doesn't actually live "IN the clouds".


My lil man....he did something else today that was so chivalrous (sp?)!! While at the pool today, a young kiddo splashed me horribly......and mind you, I wasn't planning on getting very wet because I didn't bring dry clothes to change into. I wasn't a happy camper and Joshua noticed the look on my face I reckon and said something so sweet......"Mommy, I'll save you! I'm gonna find that boy and make him tell you he's sorry!" But he said it in the kindest way!!!! I told him that sometimes we have to let things slide and not worry about them. That some things aren't really as big as we make them out to be. Boy did I need to hear that one myself.....lol. I was at a pool for goodness sakes and I didn't expect to get wet? In the kiddie area!?

We had a great day, the very best day......


Blessings....
~Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment